Break Through the Ceiling with These 5 Leadership Abilities
As we discussed in the first episode of the Growing Leaders, Growing Companies podcast, all organizations hit the ceiling at some point. Growth stops. You’re working harder and harder, but not getting better results. You’re tearing your hair out and you don’t know where to go next.
This can happen at the organizational level or at the functional level. It can even happen at the individual level for leaders and executives in an organization.
It’s a natural phenomenon in any organization—but the trick is knowing how to break through that ceiling to achieve the next level of growth.
The most effective way to break through the ceiling is for your leadership team to master five crucial abilities.
In the Entrepreneurial Operating System, we call these the 5 Leadership Abilities:
- Simplify: Complexity is the enemy of productivity and effectiveness. Your job is to distill your business down to its most crucial elements.
- Delegate and Elevate: It’s important to be able to pass tasks to team members so you can elevate your focus to higher-value projects.
- Predict: It’s crucial that you know where your business is going to go—and how it’s going to get there.
- Systemize: When you document your core processes and get your team on board to replicate them, you’ll build a blueprint for consistent success.
- Structure: You’ll make significant progress in your business if you can organize the "seats" in your organization to reduce complexity and increase clarity, communication and accountability.
When you and your team can master these 5 abilities, you’ll have the skills you need to break through when your organization stops growing. They’ll help you reach the next level quickly, easily and effectively.
If you’d like to take a deeper dive into each of these leadership abilities, check out the following episodes of the Growing Leaders, Growing Companies podcasts:
- Simplify: Episode #8
- Delegate and Elevate: Episode #6 and Episode #7
- Predict: Episode #9
- Systemize & Structure: Coming soon in future podcast episodes.
Additionally, if you’d like to discuss ways to help your team build these abilities within your organization, schedule a 90-minute strategy session with me. I’d be happy to walk you through it.